We offer a free no-obligation chat for professionals
With consent from a parent/carer, we can give you professional advice on a child or family situation. Your query will be handled with strict confidence; we can then get alongside a team of professionals and parents/carers to help them piece together and make sense of what is happening in their child’s world before starting them on their healing journey through play or creative arts therapy sessions.
Who is Play Therapy for?
Play therapy is a form of counselling for children that help them to express their world. Therapeutic Play enables a child to communicate their world and helps them to understand muddled feelings and upsetting events in a non-judgemental, safe environment that they control.
Play Therapy can help children who have experienced:
- Anger, worry, sadness or fear
- Low confidence and self-esteem
- Struggling to deal with separation/divorce
- Behavioural difficulties
- Behaviour which is immature for the child’s age
- Continued problems at school, e.g. bullying
- Problems eating or sleeping
- Difficulty adjusting to family changes
- Difficulties dealing with change
- Autism, ASD, Asperger’s and other conditions
- Excessive shyness, withdrawn or poor social skills
Our results are tracked
We use Goodman’s Strengths and Difficulties Questionnaire (SDQ Form) to track the progress of each child who accessing our service. A detailed report can be completed on request.
You learn more about a person in an hour of play than a lifetime of conversation. Plato
Find out more about play therapy
View our policies here