83% of children with severe need see a postivie change through Play Therapy devliered to PTUK standard
Play Therapy UK research
Play is vital for any child's social, emotional, cognitive, physical, creative and language development.
Play Therapy helps children by providing a safe, non-judgmental space for children to receive emotional support and can learn to understand more about their own feelings and thoughts. Sometimes they may re-enact or play out traumatic or difficult life experiences in order to make sense of their past and cope better with their future. Children may also learn to manage relationships and conflicts in more appropriate ways.
Play Therapy helps...
- Children become happy and love life
- Improve a child’s emotional and behavioural wellbeing
- Build their confidence and resilience
- Help children become more aware of their own thoughts and feelings
- Build their own ability to resolve problems
- Respect boundaries
- Be happy and confident to leave parent/carers to go to school or other activities